2005: Regions collapse, but dont expand?

InertiaM

Programming Experience
10+
Have recently started using regions in a large project, so that it makes it quicker to page through.

The more regions I put in, it seems that once the regions collapse, they will not expand again, no matter how many times I click on the Expand icon. The only workaround I have found is to set a breakpoint on the Region definition line, which automatically expands the region.

The shortcuts for expand/collapse/toggle will also only collapse, and not expand.

Anyone else experienced this problem, and know of a solution?

If you think it is VS related you must make sure you have the latest update, ie SP1, and also the 'Vista update' if you use Vista or later.
I must say I used VS 2005 a lot in the 2005-2008 years and have always used lots of regions, but have never seen them fail to expand as you describe. Also some quick web searches didn't come up with anything obvious related this.

Running XP with VS SP1 installed. Did some searching too, but found nothing as well.

It's annoying, but not insurmountable. The worst part is when I forget to take out the breakpoints :D

I also have this problem and was just trying to find some help on it when I came across this - and my solution to the problem was breakpointing as well - bit annoying though, don't suppose you found any solutions?

I'm using VS 2008 as well btw so it looks like it's not limited to only VS 2005

- Maintex

Last edited:
Back