Youtube like site. Please please help

Mr_Kumar

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi friends,

I have joined this forum to get the below problem solved. I think I'll stay here and learn a lot.

I am working on youtube like video site. Code is in vb.net
What I need to do is:

(1) Visitor must be able to upload multiple video clips in any available format
(2) These clips will automatically convert to .flv files i.e flash files
(3) These clips will automatically merge and become one movie
(4) I need to put transitions between these clips as given by site administrator from admin panel
(5) I need to have "jump" option for visitor to jump to perticular portion of whole clip
(6) Give the download movie option to the uploader person.

I don't know how to do all this, please please help.

I am using VS2005, asp.net 2.0 and mssql 2000.

Many many thanks in advance.

You can't just anyone to give you the code for Youtube. Ask specific questions. For example you can start with (1), what part of that question do you not know how to do? You obviously need a page with a FileUpload control. Do you know how to use the FileUpload control? If not you just start a new thread and ask about the FileUpload control. Do you know how to store some information in a database from a web application? If not you start a new thread and ask how to do this. If you have no knowledge "at all" it is better you start reading instead, and come back and ask when you know what to ask for. About 2-5 I suspect Flash is not this sites strongest part, maybe you could combine asking a dedicated Flash forum?

Can you please tell me how to convert the video (any format) to flash (.flv) format and how to merge these .flv files into one.

please help me

It would be possible to write the code to do this conversion, but it would take some indepth knowledge of codecs, etc...
There are many, many third party components that do this conversion. A quick google query produced a lot of results. One that look promising is the Ultra Video To Flash Converter Component.
In case you haven't heard of google, here's the address: http://www.google.com. (Sorry, I just had to) :).

Paszt, Thank you for your help mate.

I am looking for tool which can be integrated in website and it convert video to flash as soon as visitor upload the video. Also it should be capable to merge the videos.

Your help is very important to me. I'll be very greatful if you help me.

Thanks again.

Thank you for your help. I have sent an email to the webmaster of that tool. If you any other help and suggestion for me, please do so. I really need more support.

CAn you please tell me how to put transitions between two part of on flv video. Needed is custom text from database between videos.

Thank you so much.

Hi Mr_Kumar!

I can also suggest video to flash converter

If you don't mind I paste article from their site:
Convert Video AVI movies to Flash SWF file! Video to Flash Converter is an easy to use program for converting your AVI digital video to SWF Flash format. Video to Flash Converter provide SWF file ready for the web or ready to be streamed across Internet connections. You will have Full control over the converted Flash Video: video quality, frame rate, size, duration and other parameters. You do not need any special programs or plugins to create SWF video file, simple select and convert Video to swf Flash file.
All in all personally I have trial version and seriously think about buying it. :)

Back