XML from application to application

robo100

Programming Experience
3-5
I have a software package I am working on and I would like to output my data structures in the software to a dynamic XML object (not a file). I want to do this so people using my software can have access to my data and write their own applications but pull in my data easily to their application for further processing. I figured the best way to do this is with XML. I played around a little with XML.schema to dynamically create my data but I am not sure how another application could access this data.

Check my posts 5 & 7 here, it shows serialization of data. (although I'm not certain what you mean by "data structures in the software") Also "not file"? wouldn't that be the best transfer method for 'any' application to get to this xml object? The serialization operates on streams though, do you have other options than file stream.

Thanks I will have a look and see what I can figure out. Sorry about my post I should have been much more clear. What I meant by structure is that the data I want to output in XML is in a VB structure:

mydata.name
mydata.type
mydata.installed
mydata.sensor
mydata.gps
mydata.coord_y

What I meant by file is that I didnt want to write XML into a file and have the other application have to open the file and parse it out. I wanted it as a dynamic object. I will take a look at your posts and see what I can figure out. Thanks for the help

Back