WM03 - Compile this code please

myblueocean

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi there.

Could someone here please as soon as you can, using the mobile template in VB paste this piece of graphics code, and then compile it and send it to me via email?

VB.NET:
'Draw a 200 pixel white rectangle 20 pixels from the top of the form.
        e.Graphics.DrawRectangle(Pens.White, 10, 20, 10, 25)
        'fill the square with a different colour.
        e.Graphics.FillRectangle(Brushes.White, 10, 20, 10, 25)

Can you make the forms background black.

Anyone, alternatively I'd have to ask someone at my old college or go there and do it myself...I don't have professional edition, I am certainly cannot afford to pay £460 for user VS 05 or brand new for over £500?

As I have told you Mobile developments starts at Standard edition, which come cheaper than the Pro. Pro edition is meant for professional developers making a living off it. The joke's on you if your business can't even afford the core development tool. :rolleyes:

;)I'm not in business...

I am just a basic small casual person programmer, 3333.6MB currently to try and download VS 08.

Do you have a copy of VS2003? Upgrade to VS2005 Std is £150, and to buy Vs2005 Std normal is £220.

I can understand if it's not business - however is all your programming off your own back or do you do some for your employer? If it's the latter surely you have a case to get them to pay for it ;)

No...haha, I am not a programmer, as in a full time working person, I am just interested in trying out little things with pieces of graphics. I wanted these small programs on my pocket pc too.

I cannot spend any money, I got my copy from college, originally taken from a magazine giving VS 05 for free, standard.:p

So you have VS2005 Std? you can do mobile dev. on that....

according to MS:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition is a comprehensive developer tool for building high-performance, client/server-based Microsoft Windows, Web, Smartphone, and Pocket PC solutions.
Streamline the development of your client/server solutions. Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition Includes:

Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual C#, Visual C++, and Microsoft Visual J# programming languages Tools for building Windows and Web solutions
>> SmartPhone and Pocket PC development tools <<
Tools for visually designing databases, queries, and stored procedures

When I go to new project, it doesn't have it...windows app, console app. I installed this may be now back in 06 late 07...

Back