Windows Biometric Framework (WBF) - VB.Net example ? or even C#

Krammig

Programming Experience
10+
I have had what I think is a pretty good search around for a decent working example of how to use WBF but without much luck. Github has a few but not very comprehensive and of course there are a couple of Misc examples also not very comprehensive.

I am trying to build a VB.Net Wrapper for WBF (WinBio.dll) that exposes some core functions that I can call from a VB6 or VB.net app/dll. For example Detect, Open, Scan, GetImage, Close, just the usual stuff.

If anyone has come across a nice full example of how to use WBF or even has previously written a wrapper for this (happy to pay something for that) I would appreciate a nod.

Cheers

What's your main issue, knowing what functionality to use when or calling the appropriate functions from managed code? If it's the latter, are you already familiar with platform invoke (pinvoke)?

Thanks for the reply.
I am ok with knowing what functionality to call, just not so fluent with VB.Net / C# though I can work my way around. I have built other device wrappers in VB6 that are used by my main app. This was an additional (driver) dll I was wanting to add in to the main app via an interface com dll so I could support WBF.
I was hoping to find something that had already been built as a demo app (or similar) preferably using VB6 but VB.net would do, to save me from trying to do it from scratch myself with my limited knowledge of the language (C# etc). I'm 64yo so my learning days are over :)

Cheers

Back