Wierd Error Message MissingMethodException

molemenacer

Programming Experience
Beginner
Afternoon all,

I am using a system on two identical machines and on one i get an error message that i do not understand

VB.NET:
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]An unhandled exception of type 'System.MissingMethodException' occurred in MTController.exe[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Additional information: Method not found: Void AxSHDocVw.AxWebBrowser.Navigate(System.String).[/FONT][/SIZE]

Any help would be appreciated.

I have been able to follow the logic through further and have more information.

VB.NET:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]
Inherits[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] AxSHDocVw.AxWebBrowser
[/SIZE]

I am inheriting the above reference and trying to use it.

VB.NET:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]
MyBase[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Navigate( STR_HTML_URL )
[/SIZE]

This is were it fails and i get the missing method exception. I have AxSHDocVw listed as a reference under the program and i am not sure why it cannot find the method navigate.

I will admit to not having used this control, but if i can ask.. What are you trying to do? I don't understand why you have inherited this component just to make a call to a base class method. Why?

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back, i have been very busy.

This program has been inherited, and we are trying to fix it. The problem has not always been there, it has only started happening recently.

It used to work fine so there is no problem with the code, the problem has appeared from somewhere and as far as i have been able to find out, the problem is with a windows update.

The only reason i posted this here is because i thought it was a problem with the code. I now know it isn't, thanks for your interest anyway, but i am going to have to try elsewhere for the answer.

Don't worry, i have been able to solve it. It was to do with an update, however i went on windows update and downloaded the latest updates and it solved the problem. I could not tell you which one it was because i do not know.

Thanks anyway vis781.

Back