Question Why do I always get an error when VS 2005 and VB 6 are installed in one machine?

black zero

Programming Experience
Beginner
Seems to me they don't agree with each others.

Although I can just ignore the error notification, yet it's annoying. The error is saying something about Visual source safe whatever....

It doesn't show up when I have one uninstalled (be it 2005 or 6). What can I do to rectify the problem? Is uninstalling one my last option?

EDIT: It's on XP machine.

The error is saying something about Visual source safe whatever....
How are we supposed to diagnose the issue with that? The error message is provided for a reason: to help you diagnose the issue. If you want us to help you diagnose the issue then common sense dictates that you provide us with the error message.

Oh sorry
this error

There was a failure while initializing the Microsoft Visual SourceSafe source control provider. You cannot use this provider to perform source control operations.

Ok and cancel button at that error msgbox. Clicking OK loads the project, and I can work as usual. but the error...disturbs me though.

Tried reinstalling, same.

I have several versions of Visual Basic installed on the same computer running windows XP. The oldest ones were installed first and then the newer ones in chronological order.

Maybe you installed VB6 after the newer version was already in place, and it overwrote newer files with older ones. If that's the case, then you may need to uninstall everything and start over, or just try reinstalling the newer version.

Back