Which control to use?

partha.majumdar

Programming Experience
10+
DEar Sir/Madam,

I need king a ASP.Net application for Time Data MAnagement. I want to make an excel like grid where I will have the projects on the rows and the dates in the columns. Now I want that users should enter number of hours in the cells intersected at the project and the dates. What I want is that all the cells for entering hours should be open for data entry. If I use a gridview then on each row I will have to press EDIT to change the data which I do not want. So, what control should I use?

Regards,
Partha

There's nothing built into ASP.NET for that. You'd have to either create your own grid of TextBoxes or use a third-party grid of some sort, e.g. the free jQuery plug-in jqGrid.

Dear Sir,

I used the GridView. I created template column. In the ItemTemplate of the TemplateColumn, I have placed the TextBox. The TextBox has AutoPostBack property enabled and I have written a handler for the TextChanged Event.

So, it works. Only issue (as of now) is that since the postback happens after every entry, the cursor does not move from cell to cell. I need to reposition the cursor everytime.

Regards,
Partha

Latest posts

Back