What If You Programmed At Young...

TF4 Programming

Programming Experience
Beginner
What if YOU programmed at an age below... at least... teen? Well, you'd probably think you'd stink really bad at programming. Me, i'm a 9 YEAR OLD programmer. I'm learing quickly, too.

My family has two programmers: My dad and me.

My dad is currently working on a program called "MyLaunch" that allows you to quickly launch files/folders/websites. It adds an item to a select box each time you add a new file/folder/website. Also professionally designed with hue, saturation, and brightness for the background. Also has a gradient to go with it.

I am close to releasing a program called "HTML Editor" and "Addition Helper". Addition Helper helps teachers with teaching advanced students how to use decimals when using addition AND what happens when you add a negative number to a normal number. It also helps students at home to help them study and remember their addition. You can choose either "Simple Addition" or "Advanced Addition". HTML Editor allows you to load html/php/aspx files, save html/php/aspx, and even preview html/php/aspx files.

Comments/questions about the life of a 9-year-old programmer go here! Hope you enjoyed reading how addicted to VB I am... (I at least work on programs every day)

I started when I was that young, too, but I could never find a client of sorts. Even still, people don't trust 16-year-old kid to do their programming for them...
How do you find a job, or do you do your work pro bono?

I'm just a learner. I learn quick, but with a lot of help from my dad (my dad will be posting the GOOD programs on here, not me. You'll see me posting simple things.)

You should probably go into a native language like C++ or plain C... The .NET Framework is very constricting when you are for hire. It's best to go into these things early, so you can compile 'plug 'n' play' programs... just a thought

Yes i am also in the tean aged. 17 to be exact. Visual Basic .NET got me interested! :D

I'm 15 and I am programing in:

vb.net
perl
python
php

and i am hoping to learn C# or just C++

You know I started programming back in '83 on the ZX Spectrum. Maybe if home computers were available sooner I might have started younger. I wanted to fix the programs listed in the magazines that never seemed to work!

In many respects you have it much better than I ever did. I bet your Dad helps you out a lot with your programming? My Dad never could do that.

Also, you have the power of the Internet. First to help you find answers to programming problems and second a market to distribute your efforts to.

Third, you are working with a very nice and versatile language and IDE. Way, way better than the rubber keyboard and ZX BASIC I hand to contend with :p

If you look at the early lifes of many famous musicians and actors, often times you'll see they started in their profession young. It sounds to me like your well on the way to being like that with your programming.

If, as you get older, you want to persue a career in programming then I would recommend you studying computing at college and Uni. As well as programming they teach a whole lot of other useful stuff that goes with programming as well.

Back