Question WebBrowser Control Pointing to Folder

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi.

I have a Windows From that has a WebBrowser control on it.
Instead of using this to display HTML webpages, I have pointed it to a backend folder that sits on a SharePoint site so it lists all of the files in that folder....so good so far.

The nice thing about this control is that as well as listing the files, you can open them with a double click and drag and drop files into the browser which copy them to the folder without any coding which I thought was very nice.

However, what I am trying to do is... When a file gets dragged and dropped onto the Webbrowser control (and copied to the SharePoint folder) I want to be able to get the filename that has been uploaded to SharePoint, and store that in a database table.

I can't see anyway to get hold of the filename being used on the drag and drop for the Web Browser.....I can't see any OnDragDrop events that fire for this control.

Anyone got any ideas?

......................................................................................................................

Oh, and just to add...... I've just noticed that if the WebBrowser is showing a webpage then the drag and drop will work.... you just catch the Navigating event... but this doesn't seem to work if the webbrowser control is pointing to a Folder.

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:
I suppose, if I want to re-invent the wheel and design one from scratch, but I was really hoping there was a control out there already for that.
You could try the Explorer Browser control from Windows API Code Pack.

Back