Web Services Examples?

joe_pool_is

Programming Experience
3-5
Looking to do a simple Web Service. I have been spending loads of time on MSDN lately, but their tutorials are introducing 2, 3... sometimes 4 ways of doing a web service in the same step. I'm getting lost! I have tried inserting some of their code, but I get errors on the first line.

Could some of you post some simple examples on here? What I am looking for is a basic Windows application with a submit button that will send the info to a website and have the website return some kind of response. The smaller and more "straight to the point" the better. How about a "Hello World" example (I'm sick of seeing those, but I guess they serve their purpose)? Once I get the basics down, maybe the MSDN pages will make more sense.

Example:
In a Windows application, the user keys in "Hello, World" for the txtMessage.Text field then clicks the btnSumbit button. The application contacts http://www.TheWebsite.com and returns the string in all uppercase for the Windows application to display in a MessageBox.Show() event.

Thanks in advance to all that respond.

Back