VS2008/VB Data Source/DataGridView not updating

Styles

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am having a tough time finding any information on “data sources” using Visual Studio 2008 and VB. I have a project that uses a data source (.mdb) Access database. I have a form that has a datagridview of current vendors based on a list box selection. My problem is that if while the program is running a user modifies (adds, deletes, updates) these results do not show in the datagridview. I have tried to both open the database itself in the program and modify it from another forms datagridview that shows every record. In my database I have a column with a check box that shows if the vendor is current or not. I don’t delete the records just check the box of all vendors and the database updates the active vendor list.
If in the database itself or in the form/datagridview of all vendors I check the box to show a vendor is not active and save it, the database doesn’t update till I close the program and then re-open it. The dataset and code is all drag and drop in VS2008. I have tried several suggestions from .getchanges to .updateall, even clear and load. As of yet I can’t find a solution to my problem. If a vendor is not active I check the box in the “Inactive” column, save my changes and then need to print a new vendor sheet with the updated town vendor information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back