VS2005 VB.NET/Crystal Rept. help pls.

SteveInBeloit

Programming Experience
10+
HI!
I am trying my first CR in VS 2005. I created the report with the wizard. When I hit Preview, I see the report with the data. I want to display it from my Form1. I have added the following code to the Form1 Load event. When I hit F5, it displays Form1, but it is blank. Not viewer or anything. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thank You,
Steve

VB.NET:
Imports System
Imports System.IO
Imports System.Data.SqlClient
Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Dim CrystalReportViewer1 As CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer = New CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer
        Dim Report As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument = New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument
        Dim strConn As String = "User ID=sa;Password=sa;Initial Catalog=ForkLiftClientSQL;Data Source=CPServer;"
        CrystalReportViewer1.ActiveViewIndex = 0
        CrystalReportViewer1.BorderStyle = System.Windows.Forms.BorderStyle.FixedSingle
        CrystalReportViewer1.DisplayGroupTree = False
        CrystalReportViewer1.Dock = System.Windows.Forms.DockStyle.Fill
        CrystalReportViewer1.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(0, 0)
        CrystalReportViewer1.Name = "CrystalReportViewer1"

Dim QueryString As String = "select * from tblTasks" 'Your Query here
        Dim Connection As New SqlConnection(strConn) 'Your Database Connection Here
        Try
            Connection.Open()
            Dim Adapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter(QueryString, Connection) 'Passing the query in the connection
            Dim DataSet As DataSet = New DataSet() 'DataSet
            Adapter.Fill(DataSet)

Dim DataTable As DataTable = New DataTable 'DataTable 

DataTable = DataSet.Tables(0) 'filling the datatable here 
            'Report.Load(Application.StartupPath & "/Report/" & "/CrystalReport1.rpt") 'Report Name Here
            Report.Load("..\..\CrystalReport1.rpt") 'Report Name Here
            Report.SetDataSource(DataTable)
            CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = Report
        Catch ex As Exception
            MessageBox.Show(ex.Message, "Bad Deal", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
        End Try
    End Sub
End Class

When creating controls at runtime, they need to be added to the controls collection of the parent container.

Form1.Controls.Add CrystalReportViewer1

needs to be added to the code.

Back