VS.NET keeps losing toolbar items after adding images to resource?

J. Scott Elblein

Programming Experience
10+
This keeps happening to me and has happened twice now to this project alone. I add some files to the resource, and then
all of the items I had on my toolbars, including buttons and menu's
are all gone and I just see blank bars.

In the Properties window, the names for them are all still there, and
so is the code in the code view. But no items on the bars for them
anymore.

How do I get the items to show again? This is really making me insane
once I have tons of things added and tweaked, only to see them
disappear! :mad:

thanks for all help in advance

Am I the only one this keeps happening to? Seems hard to believe? :eek:

This is about the 4th time that it's happened to me already and I don't really do all that much coding compared to most. The though of re-doing my entire toolbars and menus for the second time in this project makes me want to give up completely on it. :/

Seems like since the items are all still there in the properties window, and the subs/functions for them are all still there, there should be some easy way to get the items back in the designer?

Do you have SP1 installed for VS 2005? I think I had a similar problem like this and installing SP1 solved everything

Yes sir, i do.

One guy suggested that I do a VS reset by running this form the commandline:

devenv /resetsettings

I have also read however that this may make me lose my addins. It doens't seem like a VS settings reset would bring my toolbar items back either for some reason, but im desperate. So I guess I'm going to try it here in a minute. I'm gassed out of adding and re-adding the same items (for which there are too many to remember from memory).

I use one called QuickCode, another one called CodeKeep which works with that website, and another called VB.Net Code Library. :)

I ended up figuring out my problem with the help of a guy on another forum. I figured I'd link to it in this thread in case someone down the road has the same problem and finds this thread.

Link

Back