Vs.net 2005

kulrom

Programming Experience
10+
Hi Ladies and gentlemen,
I want to only say that VS.NET 2005 (pro) rocks friends :eek:
i am really surprised cuz i was observing entire process of beta(s) development and to be honest i was very sceptic about it. I thought it will be only one more trick from the bill gates's kitchen (tricks handbook). But it seems that i was wrong all the time. Now after couple weeks researching and playing around with it i discovered many secrets of the world i never though existed :D JK
Seriously, it brought many new features and controls. Especially i like the components that we had to hardcode or buy untill this edition (it seems like not good news for the third party developer community). Also, intellisense is much improved ... with other words i love it ;) and after one month i am already addicted to it. I will go to change my profile (primary development platform=VS.NET 2005) right now :)

Thanks for reading this ;)

Last edited:
Yes i have tried to get my head around c++, i started out my career in VC++, the whole point of my migration to VB.Net was the RAD aspects. I guess as i have said that i will make a move to VS.Net 2005 at some point, i guess i was just hoping for a fully upgraded compiler, makes me wonder why microsoft havent made improvements though?! Thanks for your insights Kulrom i'll take them on board.

True, you've said that you will move to vs.net 2005 at some point :) but, also you have said it again that you were hoping for a upgraded compiler. Right? Well, i am still wondering why you'd expect those improvments if you also said that present compiler is fast enough (notice that i have no any information whether new compiler sustained some changes or not)?

Yes, well i can work with the .NetFx 1.1 but i shall need experience with 2.0 aswell as it bocomes more widely used, so thats why i'll make the migration over. As for the compiler, yes it is fast enough, but there's nothing wrong with a hoping for an upgraded version. You know, progress and all that:)

Latest posts

Back