Question VS 2008 i need help with Connected Clients

whapster@

Programming Experience
Beginner
hello all

attached are my source files for you to open and manipulate as seen fit to help me achieve a list of connected clients

i found a source and messed about with it, its a chat client and a server

anyway the server sends out all the messages to each client,

all i want to be able todo is have a little box in my client, which is there, but has no function at the moment,

its meant to list all the users currently connected to the server

could you help me with that?

thanks

Attachments

• server.zip
    16.1 KB · Views: 24
  • WinClient.zip
    60 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if I speak for the whole community, but this isn't Rent/GetACoder...this is a community board for help with specific (more or less) problems.

And to answer your question...all you'd need to do would be to figure out how many connections there are, and where they do point. A good start would be to have a look at the function which sends the messages, since there must be something in there to acquire all connections.

Bobby

I'm not sure if I speak for the whole community, but this isn't Rent/GetACoder...this is a community board for help with specific (more or less) problems.

And to answer your question...all you'd need to do would be to figure out how many connections there are, and where they do point. A good start would be to have a look at the function which sends the messages, since there must be something in there to acquire all connections.

Bobby

Your not speaking for the whole community, as you can see i have written alot of the code already, im not renting/GetACoder whatever your trying to say - if you dont want to help then fine, and your answer isnt particularly helpful, that "Figuring out" of the Connections doesnt quiet help me however looking into the function which sends messages e.g. my "Broadcast" function would be a good start, i have looked at it but im no further i need someone who knows what exactly to look for and how to retrieve it from the server

thanks for the help though

Back