Question How to Build Application with Database?

redcomarade

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,
I am very new to VB.NET Developing, and I had been developing a basic CRUD based application for my client. I had successfully build it on my PC and it worked perfectly.Then I tried to publish it and copy the folder containing .exe to my clients PC. But it ended up on DB Connection. I googled a lot and try many ways told there, but no result. I had created exact same Database on my clients PC, and also changed connection string on config file.
Someone please help me with this...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 8
Firstly, please don't post pictures of code or error messages. They are both text so post them as text, formatted appropriately. Even if you manage to avoid cutting off potentially important information, which you haven't, it's still hard for us to view and impossible for us to copy.

That said, there appears to be enough information provided there to determine that the issue is with your connection string. You haven't provided that connection string or any information about each machine so we have to make a best guess, so I think it likely that the connection string includes the name of the computer and/or SQL Server instance on the development machine that doesn't match the production machine.

Firstly, please don't post pictures of code or error messages. They are both text so post them as text, formatted appropriately. Even if you manage to avoid cutting off potentially important information, which you haven't, it's still hard for us to view and impossible for us to copy.

That said, there appears to be enough information provided there to determine that the issue is with your connection string. You haven't provided that connection string or any information about each machine so we have to make a best guess, so I think it likely that the connection string includes the name of the computer and/or SQL Server instance on the development machine that doesn't match the production machine.
Sry for the image!

Actually I had changed connection string on AppName.exe.config file

Back