Visual Studio 2010 ISO image

pjslevin

Programming Experience
10+
I have downloaded Visual Studio.NET 2010 from Microsoft's Dreamspark website. It downloaded as an ISO image. Do I need to burn it to a CD in order for it to install? Or, can I install it directly from my hard drive? If so, how? It would not run as an install disk. If it must be burned to a CD, will it then install like a normal intall CD?

You don't need to burn the ISO to disk if you don't want to. There are various tools around that will mount an ISO as a virtual drive. My favourite is Virtual CloneDrive from SlySoft, but there are others too.

My NAS, which is a Synology DiskStation, has the useful feature it can mount disk images as network shares :)

Magic Disc is my own favourite but it's as well to remember that VS10 tends to need a restart in the middle of the process and unless you're very quick off the mark you're not guaranteed to remount the ISO in time to avoid failure. Safer by far to copy the files to hard disk and install from there.

Magic Disc is my own favourite but it's as well to remember that VS10 tends to need a restart in the middle of the process and unless you're very quick off the mark you're not guaranteed to remount the ISO in time to avoid failure. Safer by far to copy the files to hard disk and install from there.
Sir Is Write I need to Copy The Files To hard Disk. before installing.....

I can't remember for WinXP, but installing VS 2010 on Win7 x64 does not have a restart, but if a restart is required you could use Daemon tools to mount the image, which has a feature that re-mounts the image on windows start so you don't have to.

Sir Is Write I need to Copy The Files To hard Disk. before installing.....
Mount the image, then copy all of the files to a new folder and run it from that folder.

May I know where to download Visual Studio Professional 2010 ISO file/offline installer? I tried the follow link below but it's broken.

Attachments

• Visual-Studio.jpg
    Visual-Studio.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 248
May I know where to download Visual Studio Professional 2010 ISO file/offline installer? I tried the follow link below but it's broken.
Try this, I am in the midst of building an archive of software that is no longer in any use or customized with slipstreamed updates and so-on.

Back