Question Visual Basic Word Help

griffithdesign

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello Everyone,

I am brand new to these forums and I just joined. Anyway, I have been making some web browsers with Visual Basic and I want to start making word documents with Visual Basic. I’m using version 2005. And I am still a little new to Visual Basic. And If you could I need to know the code for save, save as, open, and close. If you could please explain those codes to be that would be great. My goal is to make a text document program and give it to my school because we have been having a lot of programs lately with all this stuff I just kind of want to help out. What do I mean by school? I’m still in high school and I just started my freshmen year. Kind of young for coding but ehh not bad to learn early right? I know how to code private gaming servers, HTML website manager, graphic designer, and next year I’m going to become a A+ certified in computers. Well anyway enough about me. If you have those codes that would be great if you could please share them. Thank a lot.

Hey also, im using Visual Basic 2005 right? I want a login screen where you have to type in a password to use it. But I want the file to be hidden that contains the password inside. I want the script to just ask for a password. So if the password was "93754" then I want the user to type in "93754" and then they can log on. But if they don't i need a message box error witch I know how to add the message box. If someone can please send me a script or tell me very descriptively how to do that I would appreciate it so much. Just a little thing, I am going to hide the password within the folder that holds the program. So im going to have the password in a .txt document but I need the program to make sure that is the correct password in order for them to use the program because I think I might design this for a class I got and they always want stuff password protected and I really need something like this. Please and thank you very very much.

- David

Last edited:
Back