Visual Basic 2008 Express, deployment

janilane

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello,

Can't find any forum for VB Express so I'm posting here.

My question is, what do I need to consider when deploying my application to the user's pc? I've created a small application using Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition, but I don't have any idea if this will work if deployed to a pc without .Net framework. Can I just compile/build this application and deploy it as normal, or do I need to have some framework/programs running in user's pc?

Please help as I need to deploy this application this week, fully tested in my pc but not to remote user's pc.

cheers

I believe the PC has to have the .NET framework installed, though I think it may prompt the user to download it if they try to run your program without it- but don't quote me on that.

Depending on the signature your users computer may not be happy about the software, so that might be another thing to consider if you havn't

Express editions only have ClickOnce deployment included. Project properties, Publish tab. Check in the Prerequisites dialog to let create a setup that includes automatic installation of the required .Net Framework if necessary.

(Moved thread to Deployment forum also ;))
(If you're using VB 2008 on a regular basis, please change your forum profile appropriately, it now says you're on VB 2005. :))

Back