Version Tracking

vendiddy

Programming Experience
1-3
Is there some form of version tracking in VS.net 2005?

For example, let say I make a program and give it version 1.0. Then, I want to make some changes and update it to version 1.1. I completely screw up and want to go back to version 1.0.

Is there some feature that will let me do this? (Keep track of the different versions) Or will I just have to make a backup copy each time I want to make some changes?

I cannot recommend high enough the outstanding product called SourceGear Vault. For single user licenses, it's free. We use it for our entire team including disconnected developers and it works great, very fast, stable, reliable, could not live without it!

READ the bottom paragraph on their pricing page:

Vault Pricing

Each Vault license costs $289 with one year support/maintenance ("Gold Support") included. Volume discounts are available. For complete details of our pricing and terms, see the Vault order form in our online store.

Each Vault user license provides the right to have one named user account on one Vault server.There is no separate pricing for client and server software. Simply buy one user license for each named user account you need.

Vault and Dragnet are free when used by a single user. Simply install the software without entering any license serial number. When no serial number is entered, Vault and Dragnet will behave as if exactly one license were present.

Back