Question VB to Flash Works! (But not vice versa...!??)

funluvincrim

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi All,

I recently learned how to send the contents of a vb textbox to a flash textbox which is in an swf embedded on my vb form using a vb button to trigger...

VB.NET:
    Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        AxShockwaveFlash1.LoadMovie(0, "C:\sample.swf")
    End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Call AxShockwaveFlash1.SetVariable("sampleFieldVar", TextBox1.Text)
    End Sub

This workds great, however what i REALLY want to do is the other way around....
I want to click a flash button thats in the embedded swf and have it put text into my VB textbox... The text I want to dislay is:
"well done!"

SO Far:
I have built a simple swf with a dynamic textbox and a button.
textbox is named "sampleField" and its var is: "sampleFieldVar"...
button instance named "Button1" is an instance of "button".

using as2 I have put the following code onto the button:
(read this somwhere online)
VB.NET:
on(press){
	fscommand("setvalue", "Sample Value");
}

---------

Can someone please help me catch the flash button click and make it trigger a line of vb .net code !!!

Would really really apppreciate it and will make a paypal donation to the author of a full easy answer!!!

Many Thanks,
Alastair

Last edited by a moderator:
Many Thanks Kulrom,

That's cool, well written and works well...

However, am I right in thinking this only works with the standard non customizable AS2 component button that flash provides?

Is there a way of doing exactly the same thing but using self made buttons with up,down,hit state's etc, and that can be animated to move around?

(I only need the "sending to vba" command if that speeds things up, not sending vb to flash!)

Thanks,
Ali

Back