VB.Net Printing Questions

kumarshah

Programming Experience
Beginner
Is there a way to make the printer go till the end of the page while printing?

Right now, I have a printer on which when I do the print, it stops whereever the printing ends and since the print runs in a loop, I wanted to move it to end of page each time.

Thanks!

what do you mean "move it to the end of the page"? also what objects are you using to print? PrintDocument?

I am using PrintDocument.

What I mean is that everytime a new Print command is issued, it should start at the beginning of a new page, right now it starts where the last print ended.

I am printing on a label printer and not a normal printer.

PrintDocument is page based, it prints through the PrintPage event, each time this event occurs a full page is printed. I know nothing about a "label printer", but can see the possibility that each label there is considered a "full page" and that there could be multiple labels on each sheet. If this is the case you would have to keep track of labels per sheet yourself (and print some empty pages to feed). I find this somewhat strange, hope someone here knows label printers. Well, I just wanted to explain about PrintPage...

what i would do in this case is make a sub to print a single label, and in the print document print series of labels (keep calling that sub until either all the labels on the page is filled, or until the page runs out)

there isnt a more basic way to explain it

i just recently used a print document to print contact information (mailing address, email addresses, etc) on a page, as well as 4 contacts per page, which is exactly what you're doing here

The thing is, its required that each label only have one item printed on it.

I am basically, printing bar codes with some additonal information on each label. Since the fonts used are different, its hard to estimate the number of lines, etc per label also.

Do you think this might have to do with the physical printer settings?

Back