toytoy

Programming Experience
1-3
Say i have these dates:

12-2-05......can
12-12-05....can
12-13-05....cannot
12-22-05....cannot

Refer to the above dates, why the below XML tag could not work well with days above "12"... when i send to server..
I could only send 1,2,3,4,5,....up to 12 only.
VB.NET:
"<" & "Date" & " " & "day=" & """" & Convert.ToDateTime(lst.SelectedItem.ToString).Date.Day & """" & " " & "month=" & """" & Convert.ToDateTime(lst.SelectedItem.ToString).Date.Month & """" & " " & "year=" & """" & Convert.ToDateTime(lst.SelectedItem.ToString).Date.Year & """" & " >" & _
</" & "Date" & ">" & _
The error message is:
VB.NET:
Additional information: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
Does anyone have better solution to solve it....

Thanks

Random guess but it might have something to do with the date format. I.e. in the UK the dat is displayed as dd/mm/yy whereas in america it is mm/dd/yy

Date, Months and Years

levyuk said:
Random guess but it might have something to do with thedate format. I.e. in the UK the dat is displayed as dd/mm/yy whereas inamerica it is mm/dd/yy

So what do you have to do to fix this??? (can't you tell I'm a newbie)Is their a place in the program to tell what country you live in??

Say i have these XML tag
VB.NET:
<book published="New York">
	<date day="12" month="1" year="2005" />	
</book>
How do i exactly format the date since i am getting three different attributes (day, month and year) from the server......

Say i want the format to be "DD/MM/YYYY"...

I want the format date to be displayed in the listbox...

Does anyone have any idea to combined all three attributes and format instead of format directly the date as a whole....

Thanks

Back