VB.Net Data grid

accident

Programming Experience
1-3
HI. I have just started as a developer for a small company.
I have mainly done ASP.Net applications, but they want a windows application for a new project I am starting on.

Anyways I think the best way for me to do this appliication is with a data grid.

I was looking at the one for VB, and it looks really horrible to say the least. ASP.Net one was awesome, could add any custom control you wanted, custom formatting, custom drill downs, etc. You could make the datagrid act anyway you want.

However looking at this VB one I cant seem to do much with it. It looks horrible, I cant figure out how to do Drill down, and I cant add my own controls (I need to use a calender picker for a few of the date fields.)

Does anyone know of a good control for windows development that works alot like the datagrid for asp.net? The default one is just lacking too much (or I havent figured out the advanced features with it yet)

Yes that is the one I am using now. (Vb.Net 2005)
It still seems horrible, I cant seem to do any Drill Down things with it, cant seem to add a calender and combo box control, and can't seem to customize it that much.

If these are possible, I might be overlooking something, and if so can you please point me in the right direction.
Thanks,

Well it is a grid after all. Frankly i don't use them unless i really have to, because i don't think there is such a thing as a 'good looking' datagrid. Anyway here's a link to MSDN that will get you started in the right direction....

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7tas5c80.aspx

Back