VB.Net 2003 MSDN documentation CDs

frankwhite

Programming Experience
Beginner
Basically I Need to know If i have installed Vb.Net properly, as im studying we were told Vb.Net would be available to us for downloading with Msdnaa. So i downloaded the Vb.net Full Professional 2003, as I was installing it, I installed the first part with the pre-equisits, and the second part which installed Vb.Net itself. However I was having problems with the third part which is when it asks for the MSDN Disk1. First time i had problems i didnt know what to do, until I Downloaded the MSDN Disk 1,2 and 3. I ran Disk1 seperatly and skipped the intallation to the final stage with the Service pack installation. I have had no problems with VB.NET what so ever, but still back of my head I am not sure if i Have the full installation in place. I do know that Vb.NET is working perfectly fine, I just want to know what is MSDN? However yesterday I was on Vb.NET Help, and searched for something, it told me it cant give me an answer as MSDN Disk2 was not installed, so I found the Disk2 folder on my computer and the search started working. The reason is on DISK1 it gave me an option to run setup, on Disk 2 and 3 It does not run setup for some reason.

Do you think I have done the full installation?

Thanks

"MSDN" is the full documentation. If you insert installation CD and choose option 3 "Product Documentation" it will ask for and install all three MSDN CDs. You can also do this from Control Panel, Add/Remove programs, choose VS2003, click Change/Remove and select same option 3 in dialog that appears (same as main install CD dialog).

"MSDN" is the full documentation. If you insert installation CD and choose option 3 "Product Documentation" it will ask for and install all three MSDN CDs. You can also do this from Control Panel, Add/Remove programs, choose VS2003, click Change/Remove and select same option 3 in dialog that appears (same as main install CD dialog).

But after the installation of the first MSDN disk it does not ask for disk 2 or three but just goes on to my desktop.

That's strange, I've not seen that happen.

By not installing the MSDN Disks, will this harm my VB.NET in any way? Will problems occur later on? Or will I miss out on additional parts of .Net? Hope you say its not that important

Nothing is more important than the MSDN documentation! I'm not joking, its available online also, but so slow its practically useless.

Back