vb 2008 upgrade

.paul.

Programming Experience
1-3
does anyone know when microsoft are releasing a vb2005 to 2008 upgrade for non msdn subscribers?

February 27, 2008 is the public launch date, but Scott Guthrie expects to see them starting to sell in January. In the mean time there is Express and 90 days Trial editions. Express does not expire, and is free, but limited in features of course.

There's a great deal of news both in Studio, Framework and Visual Basic language. ScottGu blog has a Quick Tour of Some of the New Features. WPF projects has quite the transparancy orientation I've noticed.

If you're referring to the windowless Lightweight controls in VB6 that is probably a good comparison. By the way, have you tried the Opacity property on forms? That is pretty cool :)

yeah. i've tried and used opacity in some of my applications.
what i was hoping for is something similar to the windowless Lightweight controls.
if for example you try to show an animated gif (with a transparent background) in a picturebox, vb.net's lack of transparency ruins it.

are there any major changes in vb2008?
have they improved the transparency effects?

Looks like you've a specific interest in the forms side of the changes, but, I for one cannot wait to get some use out of the the LINQ implementation =D

What windows mobile devices does this now support?

Back