Value does not fall within expected Range

swsuresh

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello,

I dunt know whether this is the right place for the VBb.NET EXPRESS EDITION
I have an application built using VB express edition and Oracle XE. In Win2000 machines alone I get a error saying "Value does not fall within expected range". This occurs at the time of running the application from W2K client and also running the source code (from a VB environment) of W2K machine. Any reasons for it to be happening only in W2K and not on XP?
I have installed .NET framework 2.0, OO40, MDAC2.8 etc. on all the client machines before running the application.
In the debug mode, the error occurs on this line
sql="Select ....... from login where username='...' "
set stem=oradatabase.dbcreatedynaset(sql,0&)
I have been trying in each and every forum without any luck.

Thanks

can you capture a piture of the exception and post it as an attachment?

Attached is the screen dump of the error message. Would this be of any help?

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
ooh.. look at the stacktrace - late binding! yummmm

what's the full stacktrace string?

ooh.. look at the stacktrace - late binding! yummmm

what's the full stacktrace string?

" at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at WindowsApplication1.FrmLogin.OK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\sramachandran\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\EDB\EDB\LoginForm1.vb:line 21
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
at WindowsApplication1.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.Runtime.Hosting.ManifestRunner.Run(Boolean checkAptModel)
at System.Runtime.Hosting.ManifestRunner.ExecuteAsAssembly()
at System.Runtime.Hosting.ApplicationActivator.CreateInstance(ActivationContext activationContext, String[] activationCustomData)
at System.Runtime.Hosting.ApplicationActivator.CreateInstance(ActivationContext activationContext)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssemblyDebugInZone()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()"

Long shot:

I have noticed that there is a difference in error reporting in VB express

and Visual Studio. I am running the 90 day free trial of VS and it arrived

in the mail in about 4 days after I ordered it on-line.

Back