using SelectedIndexChanged

uncle55

Programming Experience
Beginner
Can a code be created for the SelectedIndexChanged event to display information in other control instances when a user selects a item in the list box?

I have gotten the txtaircraftId to appear in the listbox by using this menu event:

Private Sub mmuRecordSaveArrival_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles mmuRecordSaveArrival.Click
Dim newitemtext As String = txtAircraftID.Text

Me.lstAircraftID.Items.Add(newItemText)

End Sub

When I highlight the aircraftId in the listbox it reappears in the aircraftID textbox I did that with this event statement:

Private Sub AircraftID_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles lstAircraftID.SelectedIndexChanged

Dim sAircraftID As String = lstAircraftID.SelectedItem.ToString()

txtAircraftID.Text = lstAircraftID.SelectedItem.ToString

This is what I need to happen when I entered the aircraftId and clicked the menu to record the aircraftID the data I placed in the CarrierName textbox should also be recorded, so when I highlight the aircraftID in the listbox along with the aircraftID appearing in it's textbox the CarrierName shold appear in it's textbox.

Can you help me accomplish this??

Try using a sorted list like this:
VB.NET:
Dim carrierNameByAircraftIDList as New SortedList

Private Sub mmuRecordSaveArrival_Click(...) Handles mmuRecordSaveArrival.Click
	Me.lstAircraftID.Items.Add(Me.txtAircraftID.Text.Trim())

'Add the carrier name to the list indexed by aircraft ID.
	carrierNameByAircraftIDList.Add(Me.txtAircraftID.Text.Trim(), Me.txtCarrierName.Trim())
End Sub

Private Sub lstAircraftID_SelectedIndexChanged(...) Handles lstAircraftID.SelectedIndexChanged
	Me.txtAircraftID.Text = Me.lstAircraftID.SelectedItem

'Retrieve the carrier name for the selected aircraft ID.
	Me.txtCarrierName.Text = carrierNameByAircraftIDList(Me.lstAircraftID.SelectedItem)
End Sub

Back