Question Using Mouse overs to view (make visible) text boxes and picture boxes

Alloyd21

Programming Experience
Beginner
Im trying to make a program that allows the user to view additional information via moving the cursor over the label to view (make visble) additional information, in the form of text boxes and/or picture boxes.
How will i go about doing this?

Thanks

You first need to decide under what circumstances you want this to happen. The most likely options would the MouseEnter and MouseHover events of the Label or whatever you happen to use. You then need to decide whether you want to display controls on the current form or display a new form. If the first option, you would likely call Show on some control, which may be a Panel containing multiple other controls. If the second option, you would likely call Show on a borderless form. There are other options too. You would also have to decide exactly when you want to hide the extra content. Probably on the appropriate MouseLeave event.

I'd suggest that you first determine EXACTLY how you want the whole thing to behave, then you can look at the specifics of implementation.

My attempt...

I'm new at this so my solution is probably not the best way to do this....
I've
.set picture of dog & cat as background for the form
.drew some shapes on areas I wanted to use and set their fill/bordercolor to transparant
.added MouseHover and MouseLeave events for the shapes that change the text property of a label

Instead of setting the text prop of a label you might wanna toggle te visible prop of a text- or picture box.

I've attached the files so you can see it work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Works just fine here :confused:
If anyone reading this might have an idea why the exe was crashing...i'd llike to know.

I've added something that looks like the example you provided ( Cell Models: An Interactive Animation ).

Attached you'll find the entire solution folder and a screen recording of how it should look.

[video=youtube;tVkPE8ZjEQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVkPE8ZjEQM[/video]

Attachments

• MouseOver.zip
    59.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
Back