unknown project

Gibou

Programming Experience
5-10
Hello,

I have to work on a project begun by another developer.
This project is an asp+vb.net one so I thought it was a "ASP.NET Website with code behind in VB.NET" but it isn't so.

When I click on the .sln file, Visual Studio .net tells me that it can not open the vbproj file although it has been created with the same vs.net version (2005 with .net 2.0)

Another curious thing is that I see some .design.vb files. Aren't they only used on a software project ? A client side software, not a website.

There is a folder "My Project" with some generated files and a Resource.resx although those files are normally in an "App_GlobalResources" folder.

I precise that my installation of vs 2005 is complete. I have all installed, just to be sure.

To be clear, I would like to know, what kind of project is it and how to use it.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what to tell ya, perhaps un-install it and re-install it? I'm not sure if you're given the option to not include certain types of projects when you install it, I know you can choose which languages to install, but that's a separate thing. Here's what you should have:View attachment 2079

Okay, Thank you again for your patience.
I'll try to re-install it once again but I'm 99% sure that it wasn't in my install CD.

Have a nice day !

Back