Unable to get rid of project reference/dependency

TyB

Programming Experience
3-5
I have a project that I am attempting to deploy. In my project I was using a SQL Express DB and after my first build I installed on my test PC only to find that it was going to make me install SQL Express which I defiantly do not want so I decided to scrap the DB.

I excluded the DB from the project, when into the project properties pages and removed all references to SQL and system.Data, Went into the code and removed all the "Imports" statements for SQL and Data and commented out all the SQL DB code. I then tried another build and had the same results. I started looking at the files and then I realized I did not change the app.config file. I went into it and deleted out the connection string entry.

I built the project again only to have the same result. I cannot seem to see what could still be referencing SQL. Isn't commented code ignored?

HELP :)

Thanks,
Ty

Found another item, but same result

I did find another reference to the connection string on the settings tab of the project properties, but same problem.

Ty

Have a look in Publish page, click the Prerequisites button. Sql Express is probably checked to be installed before your app.

You are correct sir!

Sure was. I would never have looked at that as I thought all the refrences were gone.

I wil test it tomrrow when I get to work.

You have been very helpful JohnH

Thanks,

Ty

Back