Unable to debug ASP .NET pages

Lisa

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello, I am new to ASP .NET, VB .NET and also to this forum. I am trying a sample ASP .NET Web Application in Visual Basic .NET. When I click on start Icon I have the following error.

"Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP .NET pages for this project?".

If I click Yes on the above error it runs fine. But right now I am only trying a very very simple Web App with only one Label on it.

I am a member of the Administrators group and the Debugger Users group on my computer. I have Windows XP Professional. I also have the IIS checked in my Windows Components Window.

Thanks

Debug is set to 'True' in the web.config.

When I set it to 'False' it gives me another kind of error saying 'the project is not configured to be debugged'

Thanks

Sounds like an IIS or file permissions problem. Open IIS and view the properties of your web application. On the directory tab of your application properties if application name is grayed out with a create button next to it click this button. You should also make sure the asp.net user has permission to access the files.

Good luck,
Brian MCSD

Back