Question Two Questions.. about releasing

czeslaw1

Programming Experience
Beginner
Sorry... the first one is stupid...
1-Hi! In VB6 when I wanted to compile, and the .exe ready, I use File-->Compile, and a Save Dialog appeared, so I had the .exe file ready where I want..
But in VB2005, there are 2 folders in my project folder... Debug, and Release...
Inside each of those folders, there are the dlls and the .exe ...
Which of them do I release?
2-If I use a dll that doesn't exist in the PC's of my friends... If I put the .dll with the .exe , the App will work? Or must I register it in my friend's PCs? How?

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Sorry... the first one is stupid...
1-Hi! In VB6 when I wanted to compile, and the .exe ready, I use File-->Compile, and a Save Dialog appeared, so I had the .exe file ready where I want..
But in VB2005, there are 2 folders in my project folder... Debug, and Release...
Inside each of those folders, there are the dlls and the .exe ...
Which of them do I release?
You've pretty much answered your own question, haven't you?
2-If I use a dll that doesn't exist in the PC's of my friends... If I put the .dll with the .exe , the App will work? Or must I register it in my friend's PCs? How?
One of the aims of the .NET platform was to ease some of the issues associated with COM, including component registration and "DLL hell". Assuming that the .NET Framework is installed, to use a .NET you simply have to copy the executables (EXE and DLLs) to the machine and you can run it. There's no installation required.

If you want, you can install DLLs to the Global assembly Cache (GAC), where they can be shared by multiple applications. This is not required though, and for non-shared libraries you just put them in the same folder as the EXE.

Back