Trying to Deploy my App ?

JediMaster

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi there,

Can somebody point me in the right direction please. I have vb.net application which connects to a sql server 7 database. I can't seem to deploy this properly, everytime i install it on my target machine it simply doesn't work. i get my app to open and it looks ok but when i need to access the database i get an error message. I have installed MSDE on the target machine but still no luck.

ANy help greatly appreciated.

have you backed up the db out of sqlsever and restored it into msde on the target machine? also, you may need to allow users to the db in msde too? (i know you have to allow/add users to use a db in sqlserver8)

Can you tell how to go about backing my DB from Sql Server and copying it to MSDE ?

Does MSDE have a front end, i can't seem to find one?

all i do to back up a db in sqlserver8 is right-click the db and click "backup" it asks me where to save it and all, to restore it in sqlserver i jes click one of the top level menu items to bring it back in in msde you need to use the sql command prompt but i have no idea how to get to it or what commands to use.

JuggaloBrotha,

Thanks, i have managed to backup my DB to a folder. I still am not sure how to import it into MSDE.

I have installed MSDE 2000 but all i can see is the MSDE Service Manager? DOes anybody know how to import and view a SQL server DB into MSDE?

Many thanks.

Back