Trouble with following coding? (Location of form)

desperado

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi people,

Could someone tell me what is wrong with the following coding? From where I'm sitting it looks fine to me, however when I move the parent form to a corner and then open the form it does not appear where it should.

VB.NET:
frm2 = New Form6 
        frm2.Location = New Point(Me.Left + 274, Me.Top + 425) 
        frm2.ShowDialog() 
        frm2.Dispose()

Regards

Why is it that you want to start it at that particular location?

Have you looked at the Form6's starting location? Try setting it to manual.

Hi, well I need to start at that position because when I distribute the systemthe location of the form is not where it should be (because the place of distribution do not have different sized monitors.) I have looked at the start position of the form and that has been set to manual, currently everything is working fine on my laptop but when I take it my place of study (where I want to distribute it) the form is out of place.

hope that helps.

Because the screen of the form is not that big, and I have the form positioned right at the bottom of the parent form.

I can't do centre of the parent as that would make my project look stupid.

I know it sounds stupid and confusing, sorry.

Okay, can you elaborate on how the form is out of place on the work station's computer? You might be better off using the parent form's size property to offset the new form instead of hardcoding it like you have done. This will assure that the newly created form is always at the bottom of the parent form, even if the user resizes the parent form.

Back