Too much 4 a newbie

SidTech

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi all,

This is my first post. I have a problem that I would like to discuss 2 get the most feasible solution.

I have a project in hand that needs to be completed by the end of Feb. I am abolutely new to VB.net/Sql Server. How ever have agreed to the challenge.

The senario is ...

1. I need to create a database in Sql Server. The fields will remain the same forever so thats fine. I can do that.

2. I need to display the relavant fields in the front end.(Vb.net web app)- Which I can do as well.

3. Using the next(>) and back(<) controls the agents (25) will be moving through the records to call the database. The team leader here allocates a set of data for each agent. This was okay when the group was like 5 user. Which is working fine. But now I need this to be automated.

4-- ( This is what I need help with) Ideally I would want to enter all the data into 1 table (I receive data every 28 days). when the user clicks "new record", he should get a fresh record if available. I have a problem here. If the user has set a record as an appointment I would like that record to flag up instead of a new record. This needs to be user specific. A call back posted by Mark( windows user name) should not be available to "Peter"( windows user name).

I understand its been done before and I need help to develop this.

Kind regards

Sid.

Hi all... ne1 with info on this... much appreciated. Can ne1 suggest another forum/ contacts where I can get help

Back