• I removed the www from the URL, please update your bookmarks and pay attention to the bottom of the screen if using Google Chrome to allow push notifications again.

Timer Question

desperado

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi if anyone could help with the following, i would appreciate it:

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnActivate.Click
If btnActivate.Text = "Stop" Then
btnActivate.Text = "Start"
Timer1.Enabled = False
Else
btnActivate.Text = "Stop"
Timer1.Enabled = True
End If
End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
Static Dim iPhase As Integer = 0
iPhase = iPhase + 1
If iPhase = 24 Then
iPhase = 1
End If
txtNow.Text = Now.ToLongTimeString & " " & iPhase
End Sub

The above is a coding which makes a timer start running on and off. The text also changes in the command button. If some1 could help me with the following code i would be greatful. I need help as i have another text box and every second that has passed on the timer i want to be shown in the text box. For example if i turn it on and off and it is for 5 second i want 5 displayed in the text box.

Thanks in advance

lingsn

Programming Experience
Beginner
I think is something like this

Code:
[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] tsTimespan [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] TimeSpan
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] start_time [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] DateTime
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] stop_time [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] DateTime
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Private[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] btnActivate_Click([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.Object, [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] e [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.EventArgs) [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Handles[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] btnActivate.Click
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] btnActivate.Text = "Stop" [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Then
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]btnActivate.Text = "Start"
Timer1.Enabled = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]stop_time = Now
tsTimespan = stop_time.Subtract(start_time)
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TextBox2.Text = tsTimespan.TotalSeconds.ToString("0")
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Else
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]start_time = Now
btnActivate.Text = "Stop"
Timer1.Enabled = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Top Bottom