Question Tick the record in the DataGrid if it is registered in another table

teymoorei

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello

I have a table, for example, Table1 with fields (ID, Name) that I display its records with a Select command in the DataGrid.

If that record was also recorded in Table2, I would like it to be ticked in the DataGrid.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum

Thank you for your advice.

Here we go again. I've asked you numerous times to post in the most appropriate forum for the question and you haven't done so yet again. You've posted in the VB.NET General forum, which is better than the VS.NET General forum, but it's still not the most appropriate forum. My guess is that you actually mean DataGridView rather than DataGrid and this thread belongs in the Windows Forms. I'm moving this thread there. If I got it wrong, let me know and I'll move it again. Please use the correct names for things - there are a number of different controls named DataGrid and they are all different to each other and to the DataGridView - and post in the most specific forum you can.

This question is related to both "Sql" and "vb.net". The title of this forum is general topics
I apologize before posting this question
I feel that you are too sensitive to discuss this issue.
Every beginner programmer knows that "datagrid" is "DataGridView" and understands what I mean

Please, if you want to help, just help, not side discussions
Here we go again. I've asked you numerous times to post in the most appropriate forum for the question and you haven't done so yet again. You've posted in the VB.NET General forum, which is better than the VS.NET General forum, but it's still not the most appropriate forum. My guess is that you actually mean DataGridView rather than DataGrid and this thread belongs in the Windows Forms. I'm moving this thread there. If I got it wrong, let me know and I'll move it again. Please use the correct names for things - there are a number of different controls named DataGrid and they are all different to each other and to the DataGridView - and post in the most specific forum you can.

This question is related to both "Sql" and "vb.net". The title of this forum is general topics
The question is not about both. If you want help writing SQL code then that's nothing to do with VB, because the same SQL code would be used regardless of the application language. If you want help writing VB code then it has nothing to do with SQL because the same VB code would be used regardless of where the data came from.
I apologize before posting this question
An apology doesn't really excuse making the same mistake multiple times, even after it's been pointed out.
I feel that you are too sensitive to discuss this issue.
As a moderator of this forum, it's my responsibility to keep the site as usable as possible for everyone and I'm one of the people who has to spend time moving threads that are posted in the wrong place.
Every beginner programmer knows that "datagrid" is "DataGridView" and understands what I mean
Every experienced programmer knows that beginners know very little and are often wrong. Do you have any idea how many times I've assumed that a beginner means what appears obvious, only to find out that they meant something else? I lost count years ago. It's a waste of everyone's time that could be avoided by people just using the actual names of things instead of assuming that others will translate in their heads and always do so correctly.
Please, if you want to help, just help, not side discussions
It's not for you to determine who can post what, especially when it comes to forum staff. If you post clearly and in the appropriate place then there'll be no need for me to post anything beyond the topic of the thread.

Back