This is just as simple as crazy !

awsok

Programming Experience
1-3
How to display data in a grid

Hi guys

I have some data (capturing them from another application) and just want to show these data in a SIMPLE TABLE inside my Win Form. Yes that’s it, without any database or BLA BLA BLA.

When I got a piece on data, I just want to know how to put it in the right please ROW, CLOUMN in my simple table inside my table (and build a new row for the next data!). I don’t have any database

I could not locate what is the alternative to the HTML table in Windows Forms!

Please Help

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there is anything like an HTML table for VB. .NET 2.0 has a FlowLayoutControl and (I think) a GridLayoutControl, which would be helpful. For now, you could use a ListView in Details view. You may be able to manipulate it to get rid of column headers and borders and the like. That way you'll automatically get scrollbars, which may or may not be a good thing.

Using a ListView as a simple table

I did a bit of playing around and you definitely can use a ListView in your situation. You can set the View to Details, the BorderStyle to FixedSingle or None and the HeaderStyle to None. Note that their will not be any automatic resizing of cells or table to fit contents, so you'll have to handle that yourself.

Back