this guy is killing me

wrangler

Programming Experience
Beginner
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]:confused: Why can't I do things the easy way. Once angain I am having problems.

If I could get help with any of this I would appreciate it.

1. Test all operators with the values 8 and 2 to make sure it works as expected.
2. Test the program with 99999 + 99999. This should raise a 'System.OverflowException’ exception.
3. Modify the code to catch and handle the exception so that the user can continue. KEEP the declarations of FirstNum and SecondNum as short.
4. Test the program with ‘9 divide 0’. The result shows ‘infinity’. Actually, the calculation should raise an exception ‘System.DivideByZeroException’. Modify the program so that the user input is validated before the divide operation is performed. For a divide by zero, modify the program to raise an exception, then add the code to handle the exception.
5. Try the test (99 * 999). You should get a 'System.OverflowException’ exception. Fix the problem to handle the exception.
6. Now test the '-' operator using the following test cases: (1) variable1 = 32000 and variable2 = -767 and (2) variable1 = 32000 and variable2 = -768. For the first test case, the result should be 32767. For the second test case, you should get an exception. Explain what is different from the first case and fix the problem to handle the exception.
7. Make sure to create a user-friendly interface to guide the user after the exceptions are handled.
[/font]

Attachments

• MiniCalc.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 84
Back