Thinking about joining this school...

NJDubois

Programming Experience
Beginner
A few months ago, I was contacted by a school called Setfocus. They train you in .net and you can pay them back by doing a 12 to 24 month paid consulting job, or get your own job and have a year to pay them back. It costs $19,000.

When contacted they gave me a bunch of tests to see what I knew, and if I had the skills required to be placed in their program. I aced them, and if I choose can be accepted and start either a full time, 9 to 5, 5 day a week, or part time, 2 evenings and every other sat morning. Full time is about 3 months, part time is about 36 weeks.

Because the internet is off at my place, and information on the school, other then setfocus's own page's seems to be lacking. -I am also in the under 13 years of age area of the local library because all the computers upstairs are in use, so I don't have as much time as I would like to research- I am here, asking the actual development community. Has anyone here worked with Setfocus? Any good or bad reviews? I know I need to go to school of some type, and I would like to do programming. After all I have been programming for 15 years part time, and with out any training. That and no experience means I am a great programmer that no one will hire.

so please! Let me have it. What do you, the .net developer think of SetFocus?

Thanks!
Nick

Ok, got some time upstairs in the adult computer area..wow..adult computer area just sounds wrong.

found this

If you have anymore info for me, please feel free to post. After reading that forum post, I have decided to spend the money, and get the training.

wish me luck!

nick

Back