Question "The Project File Could not be loaded. Root Element is missing."

yonkouturko

Programming Experience
Beginner
Please help me!!! i'm in big trouble!!!
awhile ago i was just rebuilding my vb.net project(visual basic/visual studio 2010)
and then i my sister accidentally unplug my laptop from the outlet hence my battery
was dead my laptop surely turned off as soon as the plug came out of the outlet!!
now when i re-run my project all i can see now is 2 output errors

here they are

C:\Users\user\Desktop\some excluded forms system\PurchaseOrderMainMenu\PurchaseOrderMainMenu\PurchaseOrderMainMenu.vbproj : error : Unable to read the project file 'PurchaseOrderMainMenu.vbproj'.

C:\Users\user\Desktop\some excluded forms system\PurchaseOrderMainMenu\PurchaseOrderMainMenu\PurchaseOrderMainMenu.vbproj: The project file could not be loaded. Root element is missing.

i just currently joined the forum so please bear my ignorance on what forum will i post

mods please direct this post where it really belong....

please help me...!!! any idea will be much appreciated!!!! thank you in advance!

It sounds like your project file has become corrupt somehow. I would suggest that you open it in Notepad as well as open a working project file. You can then compare the structure of the two and see what's different. It says that there's an issue with the root element so it's going to be something near the top. If you can't tell where the issue is, post the contents of your dodgy project file here. Maybe it would be best for you to attach the file itself to a post, which you can do in the advanced editor.

Back