The application is in break mode. For no reason!

tclancey

Programming Experience
10+
I have some code, just writing it. It converts images pixel by pixel and updates a form showing the picture every xxx pixels.

This problem is showing while the application is within 3 loops and a couple of routines, process and cpu are stable, there are no break points, there is absolutely nothing in code or externally running that would break the code. It breaks at reliable intervals for absolutely no reason. This is a pretty large problem as this code takes many minutes to convert a single picture and at the moment I'm being interrupted every couple of minutes, which means I can't leave it to do it's job. I'm getting completely pissed off with it!

I've looked for answers but other posts also have some cause or unusual thing happening. Unless for/next loops are now a problem in vb I have nothing in code that is incorrect.

Anyone else had this stupid break window stopping execution for no reason what so ever?

Thanks.

If it really is breaking for no reason then something is corrupt. Maybe your project, maybe your IDE, maybe your system. I would say that the first course of action would be to run the app without debugging. If it runs successfully then that does suggest that the debugger is being flaky. I'd then try creating a new project and isolate the area of code that usually breaks as much as possible and see if that behaves the same way. If it doesn't, it may well be an issue with your project and transferring the code to a new project may fix the problem. If the issue persists, I'd try running the project on another machine if at all possible and see whether it behaves the same. If it doesn't then it's time repair/reinstall VS. If the problem still persists, you may need to reinstall Windows as the issue may be with the system itself.

I have some code, just writing it. It converts images pixel by pixel and updates a form showing the picture every xxx pixels.

This problem is showing while the application is within 3 loops and a couple of routines, process and cpu are stable, there are no break points, there is absolutely nothing in code or externally running that would break the code. It breaks at reliable intervals for absolutely no reason. This is a pretty large problem as this code takes many minutes to convert a single picture and at the moment I'm being interrupted every couple of minutes, which means I can't leave it to do it's job. I'm getting completely pissed off with it!

I've looked for answers but other posts also have some cause or unusual thing happening. Unless for/next loops are now a problem in vb I have nothing in code that is incorrect.

Anyone else had this stupid break window stopping execution for no reason what so ever?

Thanks.
What exactly happens when it "breaks"?
Does your program show an error message? Does the CLR show an app crash error message? Does your program simply show as "Not Responding" in the task manager?

Back