Question Syncing mp3 and pdf

keziaandeden

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi I'm trying develop an application prefered in vb.net, to sync an mp3 and pdf printed document.the printed document has mutiple pages which is given to people in an presentation. A speech mp3 will be played for approx minutes and people will follow in their booklets.Then the group will discuss what they heard,sometimes they won't complete the 30 minutes of what they heard.the next day the speech will continue from where they last discussed.The problem is we don't know how much to rewind back of the track to correspond with the page that was last discussed. I used axwindowsmediaplayer control and imported the track retreived the total duration of the time, and divided it by 120 seconds( worked on an esitmate time to complete one page).I used a listbox to put the amount of pages from that calculation.(Total duration/120). Here's another problem.The speaker does not go through a set pace throughout speech it varies a lot with the duration.therefore won't be 120 seconds per page. Sorry for long story :-( .

Hi

Is there anyway of syncing a pdf and mp3 track. I know there is karaoke software that syncs the track with lyrics, the only problem I have is, its a long speech that doesnt go at set timing but varies. Is there some sort of algorithm to write to slow down the timing then to speed it depending on the speech, i know it will take some work with. I've i havent worked on something like this before (Using .net). Thank you again

Back