surf program

a8le

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi all,

I am looking to write a program that will cycle through my websites and give me a alert if one is down.

I am doing this to check and make sure that all of my websites are up. I guess the only real requirement is that each time a website is displayed, it has to be a non-cached page.

Can you guys point me in the write direction, please.

Thanks in advance,
a8le

Maybe you can find a Ping class for .Net 1.1, it's included in .Net 2.0 and would be my choice to check if a site was up. If for some reason the specific site provider had blocked for ping traffic (a few does this for security, just check with Windows command prompt, Ping command is a base application), you could instead use the System.Net.WebClient and make a request for just about anything from the site that would confirm its availability.

Hi JohnH,

I am looking to make things more graphical, I want to actually see the site popup in a seperate window when the check is happening. Almost like a second desktop with IE or Firefox opening up and displaying the my sites as my wanted application does its check.

Is this possible? I have been able to do this with VMware but there's just too much overhead being used when that second Virtual Machine is running.

Thanks,
a8le

For .Net 1.1 you have the ActiveX WebBrowser. Add it to toolbox from add/choose items and you find it in COM tab (Microsoft Internet Controls), then add it to form from toolbox like other controls. The browser you Navigate to webpages.

Back