STR_TO_DATE, use current date to display results for current week

fr0s1y

Programming Experience
1-3
Ok,

i need a report displayed dynamically, its for a rota system. When the user logs in the need to be able to see their shifts for the current week, i can generate the report no problem and i have a general idea of the sql i need to use just not HOW to use it, heres what i got:

SELECT CONCAT(stf.forename,' ',stf.surname) AS Name
, date_format(STR_TO_DATE (CONCAT(YEAR(NOW()), WEEKOFYEAR(NOW()), 'Monday'),'%X%V %W')) AS `Date`
, CONCAT(TIME_FORMAT(shf.start_time,'%h:%i %p'),' - ',TIME_FORMAT((shf.end_time),'%h:%i %p')
) AS Shift
from

now that gives me the results i want, i just need to display them. I figure i need to work with these statements somehow:

SELECT STR_TO_DATE(CONCAT(YEAR(NOW()), WEEKOFYEAR(NOW()), ' Monday'), '%X%V %W');
SELECT STR_TO_DATE(CONCAT(YEAR(NOW()), WEEKOFYEAR(NOW()), ' Sunday'), '%X%V %W');

I need the weekdays to be in the range of monday and sunday every week, any ideas guys?

Actually just realized this was mySQL code, Datepart will not work. Possibly consider using DayName function not sure what you are trying to accomplish exactly with that STR_TO_DATE function.

hi, its ok i figured out what it was i was doing,

i used STR_TO_DATE to give my separate columns for the days of the week, i was then able to use those columns generated dynamically in the report in my VB.NET application, all sorted!!

Back