Stack Overflow Error only when run via share

WellsCarrie

Programming Experience
5-10
Senario,
VB.Net 1.1 Console App reads an input file (xml, txt, csv) and sends the information to a web service for "central monitoring" of data file sends and recieves. So process one would run the console app when a data file is sent to process two and process two would run the console app when it recieves the data files.

The console app works fine as long as the process calling it is on the same server as the console app install. However we have two processes that only have network shares "X:" to the installation location of the console app. The calls made through the share produce the following message "Fatal Stack Overflow Error". Any ideas?

In test we ran input files with hundreds of records to post to "central monitoring" with no issues. In production we may send two records at a time. Every routine has a try catch finally block and every object is killed even the ones globaly declared. I'm at a loss as to what to look at next. Please help!

I'd check any recursive functions to see if there is any chance that something is stopping them from breaking out of their recursion. Also, check the stack trace on the exception to see what is going on.

FYI This problem was fixed.
It had to do with permissions on the Share folder.
I had permissions to read and write but not execute
so when the data file was received process two failed on startup.

Back