SQLdatabase\write to registry

Dwhite

Programming Experience
1-3
Good morning,
I’m currently working on an app that i would like to read from an sql database and write to the local machines registry. So basically what I need is to search the database for a specific value(I already have this part) and then get a value from the same row but different column and write it to the registry. Any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks,
D

What did you not understand about the information you found when you searched the web for "vb.net write to registry"? We can certainly help with stuff that you can't work out but you should always be doing your own research first. You can then tell us what the specific problem is, if there still is one.

I wasn’t able to find much on what I am trying to accomplish. There is a lot of information on similar solutions but not to what I am looking to do.

I wasn’t able to find much on what I am trying to accomplish. There is a lot of information on similar solutions but not to what I am looking to do.
If you couldn't find what you needed then you need to improve your Google-fu. I just searched using the keywords I mentioned in my previous post and all three of the first three results provided information to write to the Registry, which is EXACTLY what you're trying to accomplish. If you want to learn how to get data from a database then that is COMPLETELY unrelated to the Registry so that is something that you need to research separately. Once you know how to accomplish both tasks, you can accomplish both tasks. If you are looking for information on how to read data from a database AND write it to the Registry as though that is one task then that is exactly your problem. It's not one problem. You need to identify what the actual problem is and if there are multiple problems then you need to address them separately and then put the multiple solutions together. Writing to the Registry is the same no matter where the data comes from, so don't treat that task as though data from a database has special properties that other data doesn't.

Back