SQL Timeout problem- Help (crosspost)

Capt_Ron

Programming Experience
1-3
I have a Stored Procedure that restores a database. It works fine with smaller database but tiems out when use on larger (2GB) databases.
How can I extend the timeout period?

Thanks
Ron

Because it wouldn't be fun(ny) any other way....

What could be any possible difference? ConnectionString? username?

Tg
*doing my best to stifle a laugh....*

go ahead. it's ok.
Nothing changed. I run it in debug mode then build the project, install it and run it. Works in debug for large databases but not in production.

I'm about to give up. It's really frustrating me. I can't believe I've spent all this time and I'm not even getting paid for this. It was a favor!!!!
Go ahead you can laugh again :)

Ron

I'll keep trying to isolate where it's crashing. Where do I set the JIT so I can debug in production?

I didn't know that it was possble to debug in production....

Tg

If you add an App.Config File and put in the following line in the configuration section then compile the app in Debug mode, when you run the app and it crashes you get the option of debugging it. It opens the app in VS.NET and shows where it is crashing.

VB.NET:
[size=2][color=#0000ff]
<[/color][/size][size=2][color=#800000]system.windows.forms[/color][/size][size=2][color=#ff00ff] [/color][/size][size=2][color=#ff0000]jitDebugging[/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]="true"[/color][/size][size=2][color=#ff00ff] [/color][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]/>

[/color][/size]

COOL!!!

The timeout is caused by the SQLConnection object is dropping the connection.

I just figured out how to do the debugging this morning. It's really neat.

Ron

Back